Care Assistant - Days
Salary & Benefits
£8-£8.60 p/h (dependant on qualifications)
Based in Witney, Oxfordshire, Cedar Court is a 63 bed home covering residential and dementia care. We are looking for Care Assistants to join our team to support our residents with their everyday needs ensuring emotional and social needs are met.
We are looking for people who have a caring nature, patience and a passion for providing excellence in care. You may have not worked as Care Assistant or indeed in the Healthcare industry before but have the right attitude and a big heart which is the perfect starting point, we will support you to develop your skills and knowledge.
As a Care Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
Specific Day Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of meals as appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and organisation of social activities within the daily routine.
- Undertake shopping for individual residents when requested by the registered Home Manager.
- Develop good relations with all relatives and visitors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated
We have full time and part time positions available on our Day shifts.
These positions do include alternate weekend working.
£8 - £8.20 p/h (£8.40 p/h if you have NVQ Level 2 or £8.60 p/h if you have NVQ Level 3)