Salary & Benefits
£9 per hour
Beaumont Park, Biggleswade
21 hours per week, attracts a shift pattern over 2 week period.
Shift times 7.30 – 4.00 pm
£9 per hour
Healthcare Homes is looking for an outstanding Chef to provide first class food and hospitality within the needs of a care home environment. It’s all about doing things a little bit differently.
If you join us as Chef, get ready for something new. Our unique approach to the care sector sets us apart, so to make things happen our people need to be a little bit different too.
As a Chef with Healthcare Homes you will demonstrate creative flair, nutritional understanding and leadership skills, combined with a genuine interest in the people we support. Highly valued and popular with residents, families and staff, our chefs are key personalities within our homes.
Skills and experience for the Chef opportunity;
- Previous experience working as a professional Chef/Cook within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Experience of designing and cooking nutritionally balanced meals incorporating any specific dietary requirements.
- Excellent planning, organisational and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- To be able to demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Being able to work flexible hours across all shifts.
This is a fantastic time to join Healthcare Homes, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
The successful Chef will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.