Salary & Benefits
£16.50 - £17.24 an hour
Meadow House is a 38 bedded home that offers dedicated care for people with a physical disability, specialising in care for people with multiple sclerosis.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Assistance with daily management of the home:
- Take responsibility for the running of the home in the absence of the registered manager.
- Help the registered manager with the general management of the home working under their guidance and leadership.
- Support the registered manager produce and maintain the systems and procedures for auditing and assuring quality of care provided by the home.
Assistance with resident care:
- Assist residents with planning and meeting of their personal care and other needs.
- Help to provide health supervisions and attention through direct nursing care when needed.
- Be responsible for care planning, monitoring and reviewing arrangements.
- Help with the formulation of social and health care plans for new residents and for reviews of current residents.
- Help to control the issue of drugs, maintain the necessary records and to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the systems for administrating medicines.
- Participate in the development of activities for residents.
- Help ensure that the preparation, cooking and serving of food and drinks meet the required standards.
Assistance with staff management:
- Supervise and support care and domestic staff to contribute to the efficient running of the home
- Participate in staff meetings, staff supervision, training and development activities.
- Take responsibility for the management of specific staffing matters as required by the registered manager.
- Maintain confidentiality to all residents and clients at all times.
- Be available outside of normal working hours for emergencies in the absence of the registered manager.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.