Salary & Benefits
£8.00 per hour
Home Meadow, Cambridge
Part or Full Time
£8.00 per hour
Home Meadow in Cambridge are recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant to assist the home, this will be a full ot part time role. The main responsibility of the role is to assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
Key responsibilities of a Kitchen Assistant
- To support the Head Chef/Cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- Adhere at all times to the company policies and procedures.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care home environment is desirable.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Flexible approach to work.
- hours will be 1pm to 7pm
- Level 2 in Kitchen Services or equivalent is desirable though an opportunity to undertake this will be available
- Food Hygiene certificate.
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. We are a provider of care homes and homecare, exclusively in East Anglia, offering a uniquely different choice for the elderly.
The successful Kitchen Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.