Care Assistant - Days
Needham Market, Suffolk
Salary & Benefits
Up to £8.20 per hour
Barking Hall is situated in the Suffolk village of Barking, less than a mile from Needham Market. The Home enjoys strong links with the local community and benefits from the amenities available through the use of a minibus. Barking Hall enjoys a quiet location overlooking fields, with the parish church a pleasant distant view. There is an inner courtyard garden, complete with water feature and beautiful shrubs, where residents can enjoy peace and tranquillity in the security of this delightful home.
The home can accommodate up to 49 residents and is registered to accept nursing and residential residents.
Join our team?
We are looking for like-minded people to join our Healthcare home family. People who have a caring nature, patience and a passion for providing excellence in care. You may have not worked as Care Assistant or indeed in the Healthcare industry before but have the right attitude and a big heart which is the perfect starting point, we will support you to develop your skills and knowledge.
As a Care Assistant you will be responsibile for:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Retrieving from and delivering personal laundry to residents’ rooms.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
Specific Day Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of meals as appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and organisation of social activities within the daily routine.
- Develop good relations with all relatives and visitors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
Salary from £8.00 to £8.20 per hour