Care Assistant - Days
Salary & Benefits
from £8 an hour
Meadow House is a 38 bedded home that offers dedicated care for people with a physical disability, specialising in care for people with multiple sclerosis.
Meadow House is situated on the outskirts of the pretty market town of Swaffham, near to a range of shops and amenities. To ensure that residents continue to have an active social life, regular trips are organised in our minibus to the local shops and theatres.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents with personal care needs and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated