St Neots, Cambridgeshire
Salary & Benefits
Up to £9 per hour
The Hilling are recruiting for a Maintenance Operative to join their team working 35 hours per week. The quality and appearance of our care homes create the first impression for visitors and are a source of enjoyment and great pleasure for our residents and their families. Our Maintenance Teams take huge pride in maintaining our buildings to the highest possible standards.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the home is kept visually in good order.
- Ensure all maintenance checks are carried out in accordance with established procedures.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Home Manager.
- Painting and redecoration of all areas within the home as requested by the Home Manager and per the maintenance schedules.
- Plumbing as required including sinks, toilets, drains, washing machines.
- Ensure that basic electrical maintenance is carried out safely, eg changing of light bulbs, replacing correct amperage plug fuses etc.
- Check all electrical items meet PAT testing requirements or supervise external professional.
- Ensure all maintenance, decorating, cleaning products, gardening tools and any other equipment is stored safely..
Previous maintenance experience is required for this position.
This role will be for 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday, with some flexbility needed as required.