Salary & Benefits
£7.90 per hour
An opportunity has arisen to join the team at Beaumont Park, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire as a Domestic/Laundry Assistant. You will be responsible for undertaking the daily cleaning duties required within the care home.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the delivery of care by ensuring that the daily cleaning duties are carried out in a sensitive way in the resident’s rooms and to a high standard.
- Carrying out all cleaning duties to a high standard that meets the expectations of the residents and management.
- Respecting at all times the privacy of residents in their rooms and their property.
- Ensuring vacant rooms are prepared for viewing and admissions, laying and clearing of tables for meals services, caring for plants and flowers around the home, ensuring the home looks presentable at all times for visitors/inspectors
- To attend to the washing, drying, mending and ironing of all personal laundry.
- To sort and distinguish individual residents clothing, returning all aired clothes to the appropriate resident and ensuring that personal items are put away in the appropriate place.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
We have two positions available, for 15 hours per week each. This role will include weekend and bank holiday working.