Salary & Benefits
£15.00 per hour
Uvedale Hall, Needham Market, Suffolk
Part Time, 18 hours per week
Healthcare homes have 37 Residential and nursing homes spread across East Anglia and the South of the country. The business was launched in 2005 with the main objective to ensure residents receive the highest possible standard of care; where dignity is respected, talents and interests are encouraged and where life is lived to its fullest potential.
Uvedale Hall are currently recruiting for an experienced gardener, with excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills in gardening, including flower beds, flower pots and decorative hanging baskets.
Uvedale Hall is one of the finest residential care homes in Suffolk, offering an unparalleled range of facilities and services in idyllic surroundings. Named after the famous botanist, Robert Uvedale, Uvedale Hall lies in the Gipping Valley in the pretty Suffolk town of Needham Market. Close to Stowmarket and Ipswich, the home also has Needham Lake nearby, a lovely walk for the more energetic resident. Whilst Robert Uvedale was renowned for propagating the Cedar of Lebanon tree, it is the hundred-year-old geranium plant in the resident’s conservatory that attracts everyone today. Well-kept gardens, including a central fountain, are also available for our residents to enjoy.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- To care for, manage and develop identified garden areas.
- To ensure that identified garden areas are cared for, managed and developed in order that they can be used to support curriculum delivery and enrichment.
- To develop and maintain garden areas and beds, sometimes working alone and sometimes working with tenants and or residents.
- To help the Court/Hall to contribute to Needham Market achieving a village in Bloom award.
- To ensure that all health and safety issues related to identified garden areas are addressed to enable tenants, residents, visitors and staff to use the areas safely.
- To be responsible for purchasing required materials, plants and equipment in order that the gardens can be cared for, managed and developed effectively. As agreed by Uvedale Court Tenants Association and Healthcare Homes
- To have a knowledge and understanding of the way in which to care for, manage and develop identified garden areas, including soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, seed sowing, bed preparation and planting.
- To have knowledge and ability in the use and maintenance of hand tools.
- To offer support to tenants, residents and or staff when they access the identified garden areas by working with and sharing skills, knowledge and expertise related to the role of the gardener.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a professional team; working at all times within the company’s policies and procedures.
- To assist in the general efficient operation of the Court and Home in areas related to the role of the gardener.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of tenant and or resident related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential or sensitive information.
- To undertake tasks of a similar nature and level, as directed by the Uvedale Court Residents Association and or Healthcare Homes
- To comply with the requirements of Health & Safety.
Part Time working 18 hours per week
£15.00 per hour