Salary & Benefits
£7.83 per hour
The Gables is a care home in Gorleston that offers residential care in a beautiful Victorian mansion with large rooms and a wealth of fine architectural detail such as the ornate door architraves. Large lounges allow residents to relax in comfortable surroundings with their family and friends. Tastefully decorated bedrooms, many of which are en-suite, add to our residents’ comfort, with several benefiting from sea views. Although all rooms are fully furnished, we encourage residents to bring with them items of furniture and personal possessions so that their room can be a true ‘home from home’.
We are recruiting for an Activities Assistant to join our team:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialisation, relaxation, and recreation.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets.
- Control and maintain stock of materials and resources to facilitate the activities programme.
- Participate in the mandatory training programme required of the home.