Care Assistant - Days
Salary & Benefits
£8 per hour
Handford House is a spacious, bright, modern purpose-built nursing home which is registered with the Care Quality Commission for people over 50 years of age with nursing dementia care support needs or with physical frailty. The home also provides support for younger people aged 18 and over with physical disabilities. The home is ideally located a short distance from Ipswich town centre, accessible by major road routes and public transport. It is close to a wide range of local facilities including swimming baths, Ipswich Town football ground, cinema, library, theatre and major high street and local shops.
Our home can accommodate up to 52 residents and provides a full range of services.
Join our team?
We are looking for like-minded people to join our Healthcare home family. People who have a caring nature, patience and a passion for providing excellence in care. You may have not worked as Care Assistant or indeed in the Healthcare industry before but have the right attitude and a big heart which is the perfect starting point, we will support you to develop your skills and knowledge.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Retrieving from and delivering personal laundry to residents’ rooms.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
Specific Day Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of meals as appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and organisation of social activities within the daily routine.
- Develop good relations with all relatives and visitors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated