Laundry/ Domestic Assistant- Full time
Salary & Benefits
£7.90 per hour
To work as part of a team to ensure that the residents enjoy a meaningful and enjoyable life within your care home.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To attend to the washing, drying, mending and ironing of all personal laundry.
- To support the housekeeper and Home Manager in the effective operation of the laundry services within the home.
- To sort and distinguish individual residents clothing, returning all aired clothes to the appropriate resident and ensuring that personal items are put away in the appropriate place.
- To count and bag “contract” laundry ready for collection and ensuring pre-arranged collection occurs on date.
- To ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with the manufacturers instructions and guidelines.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total laundry area and to include all the equipment within that area.
- Assist the kitchen staff in the removal of soiled kitchen linen.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To ensure adherence to the company policies and procedures relevant to this role.
- To ensure the strict adherence to the safety and security of the laundry and laundering practices, including the safe storage and usage of all cleaning products as per COSHH regulations.
- To notify the housekeeper or Manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the laundry staff.
- To perform other such reasonable duties as may be required.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Health and safety
Co-operate with the employer to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and the health and safety policies and procedures of the home, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.
Knowledge and Experience
Previous experience working within an elderly care environment is desirable.
Skills and Abilities
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work.
Education and Qualification
General education qualifications