Salary & Benefits
£8.00 per hour
Housekeeper – Avon Lodge, Southey Avenue, Kingswood
37.5 hours per week (weekends will be required)
When we launched Healthcare Homes in 2005, our main objectives were to create an environment where residents receive the highest standards of care; where dignity is respected; where talents and interests are encouraged; and where life is lived to its fullest potential.
We have remained 100% focused to these objectives, and today continue to deliver the highest quality residential and nursing care to all residents who live in any one of our 35 homes across the South East.
Healthcare Homes prides itself on providing a warm and homely environment for the people we support, and our Housekeeping Team is vital to us achieving this. This is a role that is central to the daily lives of the people we support and their families, so a caring nature and good people skills are essential alongside a practical ability.
As part of a team your role will include a variety of housekeeping and cleaning tasks. Cleaning and or Supervisory experience is needed for this position in terms of infection control and Health and Safety.
Responsibilities of a Housekeeper ;
- To assist and oversee the delivery of a high standard of cleanliness to the home and ensure this is carried out in a sensitive style taking into account resident’s personal considerations via supervision of the domestic team.
- To undertake the responsibility of safe use and storage of all cleaning products and chemicals as per COSHH regulations.
- Keep up to date with all mandatory training to ensure the safety of all who live, work and visit the home.
- Assist with recruitment, training and supervision of domestic staff.
- To assist with rota, annual leave, absence of domestic staff, maintaining all documentation and keeping within company staff budgets.
- To include vacuuming, sweeping, shampooing and washing of floors surfaces. Dusting, polishing and cleaning of all surfaces, skirting and window ledges.Spring cleans of all rooms with careful attention to resident’s rooms with sensitivity to their personal property.Maintaining cleaning schedules.
- To order domestic supplies within company set budgets.
Due to the location of some of these positions the successful candidate would require a full drivers licence and access to a vehicle.
This is a fantastic time to join Healthcare Homes, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
The successful Housekeeper will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.