Salary & Benefits
Up to £10.50 per hour
Beaumont Park, Biggleswade
Healthcare Homes is looking for an outstanding Chef to provide first class food and hospitality within the needs of a care home environment. It’s all about doing things a little bit differently.
If you join us as Chef, get ready for something new. Our unique approach to the care sector sets us apart, so to make things happen our people need to be a little bit different too.
Skills and experience for the Head Chef opportunity;
- Previous experience working as a professional Chef/Cook within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Experience of designing and cooking nutritionally balanced meals incorporating any specific dietary requirements.
- Excellent planning, organisational and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Being able to work flexible hours across all shifts.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the delivery of meals meets the residents individual plan of care in order that any special dietary or meal presentation wishes are accommodated.
- To maintain adequate stocks to enable all kitchen staff to have the necessary supplies needed to meet their menu requirements.
- To ensure that effective procedures are in place and followed by all kitchen staff.
- Ensure all kitchen staff have the necessary skills for completing their duties by facilitating regular meetings and supervisions with members of the kitchen team, carry out annual appraisals of all kitchen staff and ensure statutory and mandatory training updates are carried out annually.
- To audit kitchen procedures monthly.
- To ensure the strict adherence to the health and safety within the kitchen areas.
- To ensure that the appropriate temperature checks are adhered to.
- 21 hours per week
- Shift times 7.30am – 4.00 pm