Salary & Benefits
Up to £8.45 per hour
20 - 30 hours per week
Healthcare homes have 37 Residential and nursing homes spread across East Anglia and the South of the country. The business was launched in 2005 with the main objective to ensure residents receive the highest possible standard of care; where dignity is respected, talents and interests are encouraged and where life is lived to its fullest potential.
Shipdham Manor, which dates back over 200 years, has been tastefully extended and linked to the original coach house to provide facilities very much in keeping with the 21st century. The rooms, most with en-suite facilities, are tastefully decorated and provide our residents with a quality environment for enjoyment of life in later years. The home is designed for the special needs of elderly people with dementia.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Retrieving from and delivering personal laundry to residents’ rooms.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated
Hourly rate dependant on experience