Salary & Benefits
£7.93 per hour
The Old Vicarage are recruiting for an Activities Assistant to join their team. Located in Sherborne, Dorset, The Old Vicarage is a 40 bed residential home. Our Activities Assistants are essential in supporting the well being of our residents and ensuring there is a range of activities to suit their individual needs.
As an Activities Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialisation, relaxation, and recreation.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets.
- Control and maintain stock of materials and resources to facilitate the activities programme.
- Participate in the mandatory training programme required of the home.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous knowledge and/or experience of working within a relevant and appropriate healthcare environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Manage and co-ordinate multiple tasks.
This is a part time role for 32 hours per week, this will include occasional weekend working.