Salary & Benefits
£7.93 to £8.17 per hour
Chef (Part Time)
The Old Vicarage, Sherborne
As a Cook with Healthcare Homes you will demonstrate creative flair, nutritional understanding and leadership skills, combined with a genuine interest in the people we support. Highly valued and popular with residents, families and staff, our chefs are key personalities within our homes.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the head chef/cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To notify the head chef/cook or manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the kitchen staff
This is for 24 hours per week and may include occasional weekend working.