Salary & Benefits
£8.30 per hour
Blandford Grange is a purpose built care home set in the historic town of Blandford Forum.
The home is in close vicinity to local shops and the stunning towns of Poole, Bournemouth, Salisbury and Shaftesbury are only a short drive away.
The Activities Coordinator with Healthcare Homes is an essential role to support the well-being of our residents. Our ethos is all about celebrating life, so we aim for all our homes to be vibrant, joyful communities with a wide range of stimulating activities and entertainment to suit every taste and ability.
To ensure each resident has personalised activities which suit their needs, you will be required to get to know our residents and their families. You will tailor an ongoing programme of activities and events for each resident aimed at promoting their independence and social engagement.
You will need to be creative, inspiring, and organised. Experience within a similar role and environment would be preferable.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The role of activity co-coordinator is fundamental to the residents’ sense of well-being and social enhancement.
- To ensure the routines and daily activities made available are flexible and varied to suit individual resident’s expectations, preferences and capabilities.
- Identify the needs of all residents.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Ensure that a weekly and monthly schedule of activities is available for residents, the care team, registered Home Manager and prospective residents to view.
- Help provide the opportunity for physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and social interaction and enjoyment.
- Arrange social and spiritual activities and outings, as well as in-house entertainment with entertainers, (music/dance/song).
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write brief notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets for inclusion in either the residents’ care plan or an activities folder for residents.