Salary & Benefits
The White House
The White House is located within a quiet residential area of Beccles where its position ensures peace and privacy. The Home is a beautiful period house with large windows and interesting architectural details. Its elegant and airy reception rooms are particularly welcoming, and you will find that the interior decoration has been carried out in sympathy with the building’s character. One of most stunning features of the Home is the entrance which is dominated by beautiful mature trees.
The home can accommodate up to 33 residents and provides residential care
Skills and experience for the Head Chef opportunity;
- Previous experience working as a professional Chef/Cook within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Experience of designing and cooking nutritionally balanced meals incorporating any specific dietary requirements.
- Excellent planning, organisational and presentation skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the delivery of meals meets the residents individual plan of care in order that any special dietary or meal presentation wishes are accommodated.
- To maintain adequate stocks to enable all kitchen staff to have the necessary supplies needed to meet their menu requirements.
- To ensure that effective procedures are in place and followed by all kitchen staff.
- Ensure all kitchen staff have the necessary skills for completing their duties by facilitating regular meetings and supervisions with members of the kitchen team, carry out annual appraisals of all kitchen staff and ensure statutory and mandatory training updates are carried out annually.