Salary & Benefits
Mill Lane Nursing Home.
*Days - 36 hours per week.
Mill Lane is a 30 bedded nursing home situated in the Old Town residential area of Felixstowe.
Opened in 1976, Mill Lane offers specialised nursing care for the elderly and has an enviable reputation in the local community for its high quality care
Healthcare Homes are looking for Registered Nurses who are engaging, compassionate and respectful. If this sounds like you then please read on.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure timely and effective communication is maintained with colleagues and other healthcare professionals to achieve planned goals.
- Assist with the assessment/evaluation, admission, care programme and discharge processes of all residents.
- Administer and order medicines as required by the home in accordance with the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Work within the NMC codes of conduct
- Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained.
You will receive a competitive benefit package which includes:
- Paid NMC registration
- ‘Welcome’ Bonus of up to £2k
- Support with continuous professional development (CPD) including a Personal Development Plan
- Support with Nurse revalidation
- Paid annual leave
- Workplace Pension
- Recommend a friend paid scheme
Skills and experience:
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
- Experience of working with residents with various health needs.
- Experience of elderly care is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent planning, communication and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Registered Nurse with an active NMC PIN
*36 hours per week, can be a set rota:
- Week 1 - Monday, Saturday and Sunday long days (12 hour shifts)
- Week 2 - Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday long days (12 hour shifts)