Head of Care
Salary & Benefits
Head of Care
36 hours per week
Alternate weekends will be required
The main responsibility of this role is to supervise and assist care assistants in providing personal care to the residents and attend to their daily needs.
Oaklands House is situated near to the centre of Southwold. This famous town with its excellent shopping, beach, pier and even has a famous brewery to visit. Surrounded by nearly five acres of mature woodland, Oaklands House has a unique location in the Suffolk countryside amongst a wide range of flora and fauna. This care home in Southwold has extensive views over the tree-lined gardens, which also provide a perfect setting for walks or relaxation.
Key responsibilities of Head of Care
- Ensure that a high standard of care is delivered to residents by recognising and facilitating their daily needs.
- Administer medicines as required in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Promote and encourage all staff to provide residents with privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Assist in building relationships between staff and residents.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care home environment.
- Understand care planning processes and experience of writing care plans.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable but an opportunity to undertake this will be available.
- Shifts will be on a rota basis and will include some weekends
- Full details of shifts to be discussed at interview
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. For more information about our care homes and homecare please visit www.healthcarehomes.co.uk.
The successful Senior Care Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.