Salary & Benefits
£7.83 per hour
30 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Sovereign Lodge, Eastbourne as a Laundry Assistant. Healthcare Homes prides itself on providing a warm and homely environment for the people we support, and our Housekeeping Team is vital to us achieving this. This is a role that is central to the daily lives of the people we support and their families, so a caring nature and good people skills are essential alongside a practical ability.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To attend to the washing, drying, mending and ironing of all personal laundry.
- To sort and distinguish individual residents clothing, returning all aired clothes to the appropriate resident and ensuring that personal items are put away in the appropriate place.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total laundry area and to include all the equipment within that area.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To ensure the strict adherence to the safety and security of the laundry and laundering practices, including the safe storage and usage of all cleaning products as per COSHH regulations.
- To notify the housekeeper or Manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the laundry staff.