Salary & Benefits
£8.00 per hour
Home Meadow is situated in the quiet West Cambridgeshire village of Toft and overlooks unspoilt countryside. As well as residential care, we provide specialist care and support for individuals with dementia. We are a 49 bed care home.
Hours will be- Full or Part time, flexible on working hours but normally 7:30am till 3pm
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the delivery of care by ensuring that the daily cleaning duties are carried out in a sensitive way in the resident’s rooms and to a high standard.
- To assist as required with other general cleaning duties in the home.
- Reporting to the Housekeeper.
- Keeping up to date with all mandatory training to ensure the safety of all who live, work and visit the home.
- Carrying out all cleaning duties to a high standard that meets the expectations of the residents and management.
- Respecting at all times the privacy of residents in their rooms and their property.
- Ensure that all chemicals used for cleaning are removed from residents’ rooms and safely stored/locked away after use and that health and safety rules (COSHH) are strictly adhered to.
- Follow Universal Infection Control precautions.
- Follow the Universal Waste Control procedures.
- Ensuring adherence to the company policies and procedures relevant to this role.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to the housekeeper or senior care staff on duty.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Develop good relationships with residents, relatives and visitors to the home.
- bed making, ensuring vacant rooms are prepared for viewing and admissions, laying and clearing of tables for meals services, caring for plants and flowers around the home, ensuring the home looks presentable at all times for visitors/inspectors.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.