Salary & Benefits
£8.52 per hour
32 hours per week
The Old Vicarage are recruiting for an Activities Coordinator to join their team. Located in Sherborne, Dorset, The Old Vicarage is a 40 bed residential home. Our Activities Coordinator are essential in supporting the well being of our residents and ensuring there is a range of activities to suit their individual needs.
Knowledge and Experience:
Previous knowledge and/or experience of working within a similar role and environment is essential.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Manage and co-ordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to lead a team eg the Activities Assistant
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The role of activity co-ordinator is fundamental to the residents’ sense of well-being and social enhancement.
- To ensure the routines and daily activities made available are flexible and varied to suit individual resident’s expectations, preferences and capabilities.
- Identify the needs of all residents.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Ensure that a weekly and monthly schedule of activities is available for residents, the care team, registered Home Manager and prospective residents to view.
- Help provide the opportunity for physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and social interaction and enjoyment.
- Arrange social and spiritual activities and outings, as well as in-house entertainment with entertainers, (music/dance/song).
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write brief notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets for inclusion in either the residents’ care plan or an activities folder for residents.
This is 32 hours per week, this will include occasional weekend working. The hours for this role will be 9am to 4pm