Bury St Edmunds
Salary & Benefits
30 hours per week
Fornham are recruiting for an enthusiastic Activities Assistant for 30 hours per week. Reporting to the Registered Home Manager you will co-ordinate the daily activities for individual residents, ensuring the activities are flexible and varied to suit all capabilities whilst enhancing residents quality of life.
Skills and experience of an Activities Assistant:
- A knowledge and/or previous experience of working within a relevant and appropriate healthcare environment is desirable but not essential
- Able to plan, organise and execute a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to identify needs of collective group and tailor activities accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality
- Ability to use social media platforms
- previous experience within marketing is desirable but not essential
This will be Monday to Friday but working every other weekend. This is 30 hours per week, working 6 to 8 hours per day. The home is looking for a candidate to come in who can be flexible with their hours depending on what activities they are planning with the residents.
Level 2 or 3 Activity Provision QCF award or equivalent is desirable but training can be provided.
Level 2 Award in Seated Physical Activity or equivalent would also be desirable.
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. For more information about our care homes and homecare please visit www.healthcarehomes.co.uk.
The successful Activities Co-ordinator will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.