Care Assistant - Nights
Salary & Benefits
£8.05 per hour (£9.05 on weekends)
Blandford Grange specialises in both nursing and dementia care for up to 63 residents. We are looking for Care Assistants to join our team on night shifts.
As a Care Assistant you will be able to:
- Develop good and effective relationships.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Supporting residents with a hand to hold or an ear to listen when needed.
Specific Night Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of resident’s breakfasts in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Working with other staff team members to ensure a happy, clean, and safe environment for your colleagues and any visitors to the home.
- Complete an annual night workers health assessment.
We can offer full time and part time positions on our night shifts. This will include alternate weekend working.
Golden Handshake - Up to £600
This is being offered to all new Care Assistants who join Blandford Grange before the 31st December 2018 and will be paid at three service milestones subject to terms and conditions.
The £600 will be pro rated for those working part time hours (less than 36 hours per week).