Care Assistant- Day
Bury St Edmunds
Salary & Benefits
£8.25 to £8.50 per hour
Golden Handshake - Up to £600
This is being offered to all new Care Assistants who join Fornham House before the 31st December 2018 and will be paid at three service milestones subject to terms and conditions.
Fornham House is situated in the picturesque village of Fornham St Martin, just a couple of miles from the centre of Bury St Edmunds. Set in extensive grounds with views over the surrounding countryside, our residents can relax in seating areas surrounded by colourful flower beds and mature trees. The village fete is held on alternate years at the home ensuring our links are maintained with the local community. This is a 73 bed residential care home.
The Hours for this role are- 8am till 8pm, 8am till 2pm. We have currently also got some early shifts that start at 6am till 2pm
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Retrieving from and delivering personal laundry to residents’ rooms.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
Specific Day Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of meals as appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and organisation of social activities within the daily routine.
- Develop good relations with all relatives and visitors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated