Salary & Benefits
£8.50 per hour
Maintenance Operative - Shipdham Manor
Part time - 15 hours per week
The quality and appearance of our care homes create the first impression for visitors and are a source of enjoyment and great pleasure for our residents and their families. Our Maintenance Teams take huge pride in maintaining our buildings to the highest possible standards.
Shipdham Manor, which dates back over 200 years, has been tastefully extended and linked to the original coach house to provide facilities very much in keeping with the 21st century. The rooms, most with en-suite facilities, are tastefully decorated and provide our residents with a quality environment for enjoyment of life in later years. The home is designed for the special needs of elderly people with dementia.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the home is kept visually in good order.
- Ensure all maintenance checks are carried out in accordance with established procedures.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Home Manager.
- Painting and redecoration of all areas within the home as requested by the Home Manager and per the maintenance schedules.
- Plumbing as required including sinks, toilets, drains, washing machines.
- Ensure that basic electrical maintenance is carried out safely, eg changing of light bulbs, replacing correct amperage plug fuses etc.
- Check all electrical items meet PAT testing requirements or supervise external professional.
- Ensure all maintenance, decorating, cleaning products, gardening tools and any other equipment is stored safely..
This is for 15 hours per week - either Tuesday and Thursday or Saturday and Sunday (7.5 hours per day)