Care Assistant - Days
Salary & Benefits
Up to £8.50 p/h
Based in Witney, Oxfordshire, Cedar Court is a 63 bed home covering residential and dementia care. We are looking for Care Assistants to join our team to support our residents with their everyday needs ensuring emotional and social needs are met.
We are looking for people who have a caring nature, patience and a passion for providing excellence in care. You may have not worked as Care Assistant or indeed in the Healthcare industry before but have the right attitude and a big heart which is the perfect starting point, we will support you to develop your skills and knowledge.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Retrieving from and delivering personal laundry to residents’ rooms.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
Specific Day Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of meals as appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and organisation of social activities within the daily routine.
- Develop good relations with all relatives and visitors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated
Starting salary is £8.30 per hour (regardless of age or experience), rising to £8.50 per hour once you have completed your training and probation (3 months). You will also have the opportunity to progress as a fully qualified Healthcare Practitioner and earn £10.50 per hour.
We have full time and part time positions available on our Day shifts.
These positions do include alternate weekend working.
Golden Handshake - Up to £600
This is being offered to all new Care Assistants who join Cedar Court before the 31st March 2019, with a £100 payement in your first months salary (subject to terms and conditions).
The £600 will be pro rated for those working part time hours (less than 36 hours per week).