Kitchen Assistant- Bank
Salary & Benefits
£7.83 per hour
Haughgate House was originally built in the 1920’s as a family home for the local Cobbold family.
The property was converted in to a nursing home in the 1980’s. The home provides nursing care for up to 31 residents. It has a good reputation in the local area for delivering high quality nursing care
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the head chef/cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- Remove all kitchen waste as and when necessary and in accordance with the waste removal policies.
- Assist the laundry staff in the removal of soiled kitchen linen.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To ensure adherence to the company policies and procedures relevant to this role
- To ensure the strict adherence to the safety and security of the kitchen and kitchen practices, including the safe storage and usage of all cleaning products as per COSHH regulations.
- To notify the head chef/cook or manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the kitchen staff
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.