Care Assistant - Nights
Salary & Benefits
Up to £8.50 per hour
Based in Witney, Oxfordshire, Cedar Court is a 63 bed home covering residential and dementia care. We are looking for Care Assistants to join our team to support our residents with their everyday needs ensuring emotional and social needs are met.
We are looking for people who have a caring nature, patience and a passion for providing excellence in care. You may have not worked as Care Assistant or indeed in the Healthcare industry before but have the right attitude and a big heart which is the perfect starting point, we will support you to develop your skills and knowledge.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Supporting residents with a hand to hold or an ear to listen when needed.
Specific Night Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of resident’s breakfasts in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Working with other staff team members to ensure a happy, clean, and safe environment for your colleagues and any visitors to the home.
- Complete an annual night workers health assessment.
- We have full and part time hours available for our night shifts.
Starting salary is £8.30 per hour (regardless of age or experience), rising to £8.50 per hour once you have completed your training and probation (3 months). You will also have the opportunity to progress as a fully qualified Healthcare Practitioner and earn £10.50 per hour.
We have full time and part time positions available on our Night shifts.
These positions do include alternate weekend working.
Golden Handshake - Up to £600
This is being offered to all new Care Assistants who join Cedar Court before the 31st March 2019, with a £100 payement in your first months salary (subject to terms and conditions).
The £600 will be pro rated for those working part time hours (less than 36 hours per week).