Registered Nurse - Bank - Ashley Gardens
Salary & Benefits
£16.00 per hour
Registered General Nurses - Bank
Ashley Gardens are committed to providing the highest quality care possible, they take great pride in providing tailored care and support to meet the individual needs of each resident, in a friendly, warm, welcoming and supportive atmosphere.
Ashley Gardens is 89 bedded home that supports people with nursing care, elderly care and dementia care.
We are recruiting for RGNs to join our team on a bank hours contract.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure timely and effective communication is maintained with colleagues and other healthcare professionals to achieve planned goals.
- Assist with the assessment/evaluation, admission, care programme and discharge processes of all residents.
- Administer and order medicines as required by the home in accordance with the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Work within the NMC codes of conduct and scope of practice and within the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Enable residents to receive appropriate religious, cultural, emotional and psychological support.
You will receive a competitive benefit package which includes:
- Paid NMC registration
- ‘Welcome’ Bonus of up to £2k
- Support with continuous professional development (CPD) including a Personal Development Plan
- Support with Nurse revalidation
- Paid annual leave
- Workplace Pension
- Recommend a friend paid scheme
Skills and experience:
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
- Experience of working with residents with various health needs.
- Experience of elderly care is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent planning, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
- A proven ability to both work as part of a team and lead one.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improve service delivery and outcomes for residents.
- Registered Nurse with an active NMC PIN