Newton Flotman, Norfolk
Salary & Benefits
£9.00 per hour
Olive House is a 45 bedded residential care home. Olive House is conveniently situated in a small village some eight miles south of Norwich, this ensures where possible our residents have an active social life, regular trips are organised to the local theatre, garden centres and the Suffolk and Norfolk coast.
The hours for this role will be as per the below-
Week 1- 21 hours
Week 2- 28 hours
Skills and experience for the Assistant chef opportunity;
- Previous experience working as a professional Chef/Cook within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Experience of designing and cooking nutritionally balanced meals incorporating any specific dietary requirements.
- Excellent planning, organisational and presentation skills.
- To be able to demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Being able to work flexible hours across all shifts.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
This is a fantastic time to join Healthcare Homes, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
The successful Assistant Chef will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.