Care Assistant - Nights - Home Close
Salary & Benefits
£8.20 per hour
Join our team?
Home Close is a 72 bed nursing and residential care home located in Fulbourn.
We are looking for like-minded people to join our team at Home Close. People who have a caring nature, patience and a passion for providing excellence in care. You may have not worked as Care Assistant or indeed in the Healthcare industry before but have the right attitude and a big heart which is the perfect starting point, we will support you to develop your skills and knowledge.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Ensuring adherence to the company policies and procedures relevant to this role.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
Specific Night Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of resident’s breakfasts in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Working with other staff team members to ensure a happy, clean, and safe environment for your colleagues and any visitors to the home.
- Complete an annual night workers health assessment.
We have full and part time positions available on night shifts (8pm - 8am). This will include alternate weekend working.
Golden Handshake - Up to £600
This is being offered to all new Care Assistants who join Home Close before the 31st March 2019 and will be paid at three service milestones subject to terms and conditions.
The £600 will be pro rated for those working part time hours (less than 36 hours per week).