Eaton Socon, St Neots
Salary & Benefits
£8.50 per hour
Activities Assistant - The Hillings
15 hours per week
The Hillings is a purpose-built residential home in St Neots, Cambridgeshire, comprising of a number of attractive wings arranged around well stocked courtyard gardens. The home can accommodate up to 72 residents requiring both residential and dementia care.
As an Activities Assistant you will ensure each resident has personalised activities which suit their needs, you will be required to get to know our residents and their families. You will tailor an ongoing programme of activities and events for each resident aimed at promoting their independence and social engagement.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialisation, relaxation, and recreation.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets.
- Control and maintain stock of materials and resources to facilitate the activities programme.
- Participate in the mandatory training programme required of the home.