Care Assistant - Days
Needham Market, Barking
Salary & Benefits
£8 per hour
Barking Hall is situated in the Suffolk village of Barking, less than a mile from Needham Market. The Home enjoys strong links with the local community and benefits from the amenities available through the use of a minibus. Barking Hall enjoys a quiet location overlooking fields, with the parish church a pleasant distant view. There is an inner courtyard garden, complete with water feature and beautiful shrubs, where residents can enjoy peace and tranquillity in the security of this delightful home.
The home can accommodate up to 49 residents and is registered to accept nursing and residential residents.
We are recruiting for Care Assistants to join our team on day shifts. As a Care Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Retrieving from and delivering personal laundry to residents’ rooms.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
Specific Day Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of meals as appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and organisation of social activities within the daily routine.
- Develop good relations with all relatives and visitors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated
We can offer full and part time positions on our day shifts. The shift will be 7.45am - 8pm and will include alternate weekend working,