Salary & Benefits
£8.30 per hour
Blandford Grange is a purpose built care home set in the historic town of Blandford Forum.
The home is in close vicinity to local shops and the stunning towns of Poole, Bournemouth, Salisbury and Shaftesbury are only a short drive away.
We are recruiting for an Activities Assistant to join our team on part time hours. You will be responsible for:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialisation, relaxation, and recreation.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets.
- Control and maintain stock of materials and resources to facilitate the activities programme.
- Participate in the mandatory training programme required of the home.