Salary & Benefits
£8.20 per hour
Home Close, Fulbourn
Weekends - 10 hours per week
When we launched Healthcare Homes in 2005, our main objectives were to create an environment where residents receive the highest standards of care; where dignity is respected; where talents and interests are encouraged; and where life is lived to its fullest potential.
Home Close is in a quiet location on the outskirts of Cambridge yet within easy reach of the A14 and served by good public transport links. It is set within its own large landscaped grounds that are bordered by many mature trees, creating a private peaceful environment. In good weather, many of our residents like to walk in the grounds or sit and take tea under the shade of spreading branches. As well as the extensive lawns, there are many shrub and flower borders which continually change with the seasons, providing interest to residents and visitors alike. The home can accommodate up to 72 residents and provides a full range of services.
This is a very active role supporting the Admin team within a busy care home. Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential, together with strong admin experience and the ability to work autonomously.
Your role will include a variety of responsibilities such as;
- Answering the telephone, direct or screen calls, take and relay messages.
- Provide information to visitors, greeting them entering the home and directing them to the correct destination.
- Have knowledge of personnel whereabouts and maintain exact and complete sign-in/sign-out procedures for visitors and on-site staff.
- Deal with queries or requests from both internal and external customers.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support as requested.
- Scheduling and maintaining appointments and meetings either electronically or manually.
- Receiving and sorting mail and deliveries.
- Ensuring that common areas in office premises are equipped with required office supplies as appropriate.
The following skills and experience would be required for the Receptionist opportunity;
- Previous administrative experience is desirable.
- A knowledge or previous experience of a healthcare environment would be desirable.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Organised with the ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple projects within a busy and demanding environment.
- Excellent IT and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Friendly telephone manner
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere.
The successful Receptionist will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.