St Neots, Cambridge
Salary & Benefits
£10 per hour
The Hillings, St Neots
The Hilling are recruiting for a Maintenance and Gardening Operative to join their team. The quality and appearance of our care homes create the first impression for visitors and are a source of enjoyment and great pleasure for our residents and their families. Our Maintenance Teams take huge pride in maintaining our buildings to the highest possible standards.
The Hillings is a purpose built residential home in Eaton Socon, Cambridgeshire, comprising of a number of attractive wings arranged around well stocked courtyard gardens. The home accommodates residents requiring both residential and dementia care.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the home is kept visually in good order.
- Ensure all maintenance checks are carried out in accordance with established procedures.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Home Manager.
- Painting and redecoration of all areas within the home as requested by the Home Manager and per the maintenance schedules.
- Plumbing as required including sinks, toilets, drains, washing machines.
- Ensure that basic electrical maintenance is carried out safely, eg changing of light bulbs, replacing correct amperage plug fuses etc.
- Ensure all maintenance, decorating, cleaning products, gardening tools and any other equipment is stored safely.To care for, manage and develop identified garden areas.
- To ensure that identified garden areas are cared for, managed and developed in order that they can be used to support curriculum delivery and enrichment.
- To develop and maintain garden areas and beds, sometimes working alone and sometimes working with tenants and or residents.
- To ensure that all health and safety issues related to identified garden areas are addressed to enable tenants, residents, visitors and staff to use the areas safely.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous maintenance experience is essential.
- Experience of managing a maintenance department.
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This is a 37.5 hour contract per week.