Senior Care Assistant
Salary & Benefits
£8.75 - 10.35
Senior Care Assistant - Blandford Grange
Blandford Grange is a modern purpose built care home, tastefully decorated, providing a warm friendly and welcoming environment. Blandford Grange can accommodate up to 63 residents and specialises in both nursing and dementia care. The home offers a comfortable living environment for residents with en-suite facilities, well-furnished lounge areas and dining rooms along with our beautiful landscaped gardens with raised flower beds.
We are recruiting for Senior Care Assistants to join our team on our night shifts.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recognise and facilitate the daily needs of residents.
- Conduct formal supervisions and appraisals.
- Contributing to care planning and coaching care assistants.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Be responsible for making and reporting realistic assessments of each resident to ensure continuity of care.
- Be responsible for administrating medication to the residents in accordance with policies and procedures.