Salary & Benefits
£8.50 per hour
Home Meadow, Toft
£8.50 per hour
Home Meadow is situated in the quiet West Cambridgeshire village of Toft and overlooks unspoilt countryside. We are a 49 bed home, as well as residential care, we provide specialist care and support for individuals with dementia.
The Activities Coordinator with Healthcare Homes is an essential role to support the well-being of our residents. Our ethos is all about celebrating life, so we aim for all our homes to be vibrant, joyful communities with a wide range of stimulating activities and entertainment to suit every taste and ability.
To ensure each resident has personalised activities which suit their needs, you will be required to get to know our residents and their families. You will tailor an ongoing programme of activities and events for each resident aimed at promoting their independence and social engagement.
This position will be split with another Activities coordinator working 21 hours each. The suitable candidate will need to be flexible with their working hours and happy to work occasional weekends.
You will need to be creative, inspiring, and organised. Experience within a similar role and environment would be preferable.
The skills and experience of an Activities Co-ordinator would be;
- A knowledge and/or previous experience of working within a relevant and appropriate healthcare environment is essential.
- Able to plan, organise and execute a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to identify needs of collective group and tailor activities accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality
- Level 2 or 3 Activity Provision QCF award or equivalent is desirable but training can be provided.
- Level 2 Award in Seated Physical Activity or equivalent would also be desirable.
Due to the location of some of these positions the successful candidate would require a full drivers licence and access to a vehicle.
This is a fantastic time to join Healthcare Homes, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
The successful Activities Co-ordinator will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.