Care Assistant - Nights
Bury St Edmunds
Salary & Benefits
£8.25 to £8.50 per hour
Care Assistant Nights
Full & Part time
Golden Handshake - Up to £600
This is being offered to all new Care Assistants who join Fornham House before the 31st March 2019 and will be paid at three service milestones subject to terms and conditions.
Fornham House is situated in the picturesque village of Fornham St Martin, just a couple of miles from the centre of Bury St Edmunds. Set in extensive grounds with views over the surrounding countryside, our residents can relax in seating areas surrounded by colourful flower beds and mature trees. This is a 73 bed residential home.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Supporting residents with a hand to hold or an ear to listen when needed.
Specific Night Duties:
Assisting in the provision of resident’s breakfasts in accordance to their individual plan of care.
Working with other staff team members to ensure a happy, clean, and safe environment for your colleagues and any visitors to the home.
Complete an annual night workers health assessment.