Care Assistant - Nights
Needham Market, Barking
Salary & Benefits
£8.00 per hour
Barking Hall are recruiting for Care Assistants to join their team on night shifts. Situated in Barking, our home can accomodate up to 49 residents for nursing and residential care.
As a Care Assistant you will support our residents with their everyday needs ensuring their emotional and social needs are also met. Whether you are new to care or looking to develop your career further, we will help support you to develop your skills and knowledge.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Supporting residents with a hand to hold or an ear to listen when needed.
Specific Night Duties:
Assisting in the provision of resident’s breakfasts in accordance to their individual plan of care.
Working with other staff team members to ensure a happy, clean, and safe environment for your colleagues and any visitors to the home.
Complete an annual night workers health assessment.
We have full time and part time positions available on our night shifts, this will include alternate weekend working.