Senior Care Assistant- Night
Salary & Benefits
£9.20 per hour
Senior Care Assistant at Bilney Hall care home
East Bilney, Dereham, Norfolk
24-36 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Bilney Hall care home, Dereham, Norfolk as a Senior Care Assistant. The main responsibility of this role is to supervise and assist care assistants in providing personal care to the residents and attend to the daily needs.
Bilney Hall is situated in the picturesque village of East Bilney, just a few miles from the market towns of Dereham and Fakenham. Set in six acres of extensive grounds, it offers fantastic facilities as compared to other homes in the area. Our residents can relax in the stunning walled garden and wooded parkland that surround the home allowing them to really enjoy this haven within the beautiful Norfolk countryside.
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Care Assistant
- Ensure that a high standard of care is delivered to residents by recognising and facilitating their daily needs.
- Administer medicines as required in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Promote and encourage all staff to provide residents with privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Assist in building relationships between staff and residents.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care home environment.
- Understand care planning processes and experience of writing care plans.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Must already have a minimum of NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or currently undertaking this qualification
Full Time position – 24-36 hours per week