Care Assistant - Bank
Newton Flotman, Norfolk
Salary & Benefits
£8.05 per hour
Golden Handshake - Up to £600
This is being offered to all new Care Assistants who join Olive House before the 31st March 2019 and will be paid at three service milestones subject to terms and conditions.
Olive House is a 45 bedded residential care home. Olive House is conveniently situated in a small village some eight miles south of Norwich, this ensures where possible our residents have an active social life, regular trips are organised to the local theatre, garden centres and the Suffolk and Norfolk coast.
The working hours will be-
07.30am-13.30hrs ,19:30hrs - 7:30am, 13.30-19.30hrs or 07.30am-19.30hrs
Bank position available
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in their personal care needs in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
- Being a hand to hold for the residents or an ear to listen is all it takes sometimes.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated