Salary & Benefits
£8.21 per hour
Sovereign Lodge, Eastbourne
33 and 22 hour positions available
Sovereign Lodge is a modern purpose built care home, tastefully decorated, providing a warm friendly and welcoming environment. A modern and spacious interior includes numerous homely comforts, the option to personalised bedrooms, a multi-sensory snoezelen room and an activity room, while outside is a secure garden. We offer care and support for frail older people and those with dementia. People living at Sovereign Lodge can receive residential care and support with or without nursing depending on their individually assessed needs.
The home can accommodate up to 64 residents and provides a full range of services.
We are recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant to join our team on a 33 hours contract.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the head chef/cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To notify the head chef/cook or manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the kitchen staff