Eaton Socon, St Neots
Salary & Benefits
£8.50 per hour
Activities Assistant - The Hillings
15 hours per week
The Hillings is a purpose-built residential home in St Neots, Cambridgeshire, comprising of a number of attractive wings arranged around well stocked courtyard gardens. The home can accommodate up to 72 residents requiring both residential and dementia care.
As an Activities Assistant you will ensure each resident has personalised activities which suit their needs, you will be required to get to know our residents and their families. You will tailor an ongoing programme of activities and events for each resident aimed at promoting their independence and social engagement.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The role of activity co-ordinator is fundamental to the residents’ sense of well-being and social enhancement.
- To ensure the routines and daily activities made available are flexible and varied to suit individual resident’s expectations, preferences and capabilities.
- Identify the needs of all residents.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Ensure that a weekly and monthly schedule of activities is available for residents, the care team, registered Home Manager and prospective residents to view.
- Help provide the opportunity for physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and social interaction and enjoyment.
- Arrange social and spiritual activities and outings, as well as in-house entertainment with entertainers, (music/dance/song).
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write brief notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets for inclusion in either the residents’ care plan or an activities folder for residents.