Salary & Benefits
The White House located in Beccles Suffolk, are recruiting for a Head Chef to join their team. You will need to ensure menus reflect the needs and wishes of the residents and the presentation of meals served exceed expectations.
Skills and experience for the Head Chef opportunity;
- Previous experience working as a professional Chef/Cook within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Experience of designing and cooking nutritionally balanced meals incorporating any specific dietary requirements.
- Excellent planning, organisational and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Being able to work flexible hours across all shifts.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the delivery of meals meets the residents individual plan of care in order that any special dietary or meal presentation wishes are accommodated.
- To maintain adequate stocks to enable all kitchen staff to have the necessary supplies needed to meet their menu requirements.
- To ensure that effective procedures are in place and followed by all kitchen staff.
- Ensure all kitchen staff have the necessary skills for completing their duties by facilitating regular meetings and supervisions with members of the kitchen team, carry out annual appraisals of all kitchen staff and ensure statutory and mandatory training updates are carried out annually.
- To audit kitchen procedures monthly.
- To ensure the strict adherence to the health and safety within the kitchen areas.
- To ensure that the appropriate temperature checks are adhered to.
- Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Professional Cooking or equivalent desirable but an opportunity to undertake this will be available.
- Advance Food hygiene certificate.
31 hours per week
Includes working alternate weekends