Kitchen Assistant - Bank
Salary & Benefits
£8 per hour
Kitchen Assistant - Bank Hours
Overbury House, Wroxham
Overbury House is located in a quiet residential district of Wroxham just a few hundred yards from the beautiful Norfolk Broads, making it one of the tranquil nursing homes in the area. It is a period building, filled with light from its huge bay windows, and sits in its own landscaped grounds that contain mature trees, ornamental shrubs and a beach scene area. The spacious reception rooms have been decorated in keeping with the building’s architectural style and exude warmth and elegance. Over recent years the house has been sympathetically extended to provide tasteful, modern accommodation with all the facilities you might expect in a nursing home of this calibre.
We are recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant to join our team on a bank hours contract.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the head chef/cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To notify the head chef/cook or manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the kitchen staff