Senior Care Assistant
Salary & Benefits
£9.00 per hour
Senior Care Assistant- Days
33 hours per week
Sovereign Lodge is a modern purpose built care home, tastefully decorated, providing a warm friendly and welcoming environment. A modern and spacious interior includes numerous homely comforts, the option to personalised bedrooms, a multi-sensory snoezelen room and an activity room, while outside is a secure garden. We offer care and support for frail older people and those with dementia. People living at Sovereign Lodge can receive residential care and support with or without nursing depending on their individually assessed needs.
The home can accommodate up to 64 residents and provides a full range of services.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
- NVQ level 3 is essential
- Leadership skills from a previous role is essential
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recognise and facilitate the daily needs of residents.
- Conduct formal supervisions and appraisals.
- Contributing to care planning and coaching care assistants.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Be responsible for making and reporting realistic assessments of each resident to ensure continuity of care.
- Be responsible for administrating medication to the residents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.